The Club

Forge Valley Cricket Club was founded in 1870. The club is based approximately four miles from the seaside town of Scarborough, North Yorkshire in the village of East Ayton.

Forge Valley Cricket Team

At the present time, the club runs four senior teams in the Scarborough & District Saturday Cricket Leagues. The first team presently ply their trade in the Premier Division of the Beckett League, with the second eleven playing in Division B. Both the third and fourth eleven ply their trade in the Scarborough Derwent Valley League. In addition to four Saturday Sides, the club also runs two senior midweek sides. The A team have just returned to the top flight, whilst the B team also achieved promotion in 2013 and will this play division C in the forthcoming season.

The Club is a major breeding ground for young talent, with the club running two junior sides, which often play in the Scarborough Derwent valley Junior leagues. These sides presently operate of Under 15's & Under 11's levels, with around fifty junior members.

FVCC's Headquarters are at Wilson's Lane, East Ayton. The Club House on the site is operated by Ayton Sports Association, Whilst the playing field is looked after by East Ayton Playing Fields Association. Also located on this site is a family play area. The Club's third and fourth elevens both play on the clubs second ground, which is situated at Garth End Road, West Ayton, This site is run by Ayton Sports Association.

The Club's greatest achievement was being crowned "National Village Champions" in 1986. Captained by Martin Shepherdson, the side produced a string of sensational performances to claim the title at the "The Home of Cricket" - Lords. Within the clubhouse at East Ayton, is a special area, celebrating this Triumph.